About CCC + CCCAction:
The Center for Community Change is committed to help build powerful and dynamic movements in diverse communities to create meaningful change. With our grassroots partners, we build the power and capacity of low-income people and communities of color to make significant policy changes in their lives.
Our focus areas include jobs and income, immigration, affordable housing, racial justice and barriers to employment for formerly incarcerated individuals.
For a more detailed description of our sister organization, please go here for CCCAction.
CCC is looking for a content creator savvy in video, audio, photography or graphic design to tell the stories of Americans trying to make ends meet. Our ideal candidate is an experienced multiplatform storyteller with a deep commitment to social justice rooted in building the power and leadership of low-income people. We are looking for someone visually creative to deliver compelling – and shareable – content that shows the power of social movements to help families thrive.
- Create multiplatform stories in video, audio, photography or graphic design content, for publication in media sites or sharing on CCC, CCCA or partner social channels.
- Work with key CCC teams and stakeholders to tell the story of CCC’s work and its impact
- Create content, including video and graphics, for CCC/CCCA brand marketing.
- Create content that builds strategic links between campaigns and marketing communications plans.
- Manage a virtual team of Communications Fellows made up of writers, photographers, videographers, social media managers and other content creators who tell the successes and challenges of low-income families.
- Coach, mentor and advise staff and grassroots partners on essential elements of visual storytelling on multiple platforms.
- Develop and deploy rapid-response content in collaboration with other Communications or Campaigns staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating content – video and audio production, graphic design or other digital content – focused on progressive change and social advocacy.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching, mentoring and teaching effective tools for visual storytelling.
- Exemplary writing and editing skills.
- Top-notch communications, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- A creative ability to frame ideas, develop stories and synthesize complex public policy issues in a way that appeals to a wide variety of audiences.
- A high degree of comfort managing multiple tasks and short and long term deadlines, and working in an unpredictable, fluid and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated understanding in the use of visual media to create engagement and spur action.
- Demonstrated experience with modern web design, photography and video editing programs (Adobe Suite: Premier, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Experience in Motion Graphics Design and Animation experience a plus.
- Experience producing audio content or podcasts a plus.
This position reports to: Director of Content Strategy and Development
This position is in the staff bargaining union represented by Local 70 of the IFPTE.
Salary and Benefits: $68,000 – $78,000 annual salary. CCC offers a competitive salary based on qualifications and an excellent benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of vacation; paid leave between December 24 and January 1; 3% employer contribution to a 401k at time of hire and an additional 5% at six months of employment (8% employer contribution); and a choice of health insurance plans.
Closing Date of Position: Open Until Filled
How to apply: Please submit a cover letter sharing why this job is right for you as well as your salary expectations, a resume and three samples of your work to [email protected]. Applications without all required documents will not be considered.