About Community Change and Community Change Action:
Community Change builds the power and capacity of low-income people, especially low-income people of color, to lead powerful and dynamic movements for social change. With our community-based partner groups, we bridge the grassroots and the national, supporting outsider strategies to disrupt the status quo while also building pathways to influence the insider conversation.
Our vision of a better world centers the leadership of impacted people of color to move our work on immigrant rights, economic justice, and racial equity, including a focus on jobs and housing, early childhood care and education, income supports, and immigration reform.
This position also supports Community Change Action, an affiliated 501(c)(4) advocacy organization. While motivated by the same core values – equity, inclusion, and justice – Community Change and Community Change Action operate independently of one another and each organization has its own board of directors.
Community Change is looking for a multimedia intern to learn from and work alongside our Communications Team. Our team is looking for a student that has a passion to learn about social justice, community organizing and multimedia storytelling. This is an opportunity to join a creative team of celebrated community leaders, steeped policy gurus, savvy media geeks and nimble tech wizards. The internship runs from September to December 2019.
Key Responsibilities (with training and direction from Communications Team staff):
- Research key movements put into motion through the organization’s rich 50 year history
- Help organize and maintain multimedia library of photos and archive footage
- Develop an understanding of fair use rules and obtaining copyright clearances
- Searching for and license music for video production
- Digitize historic photos and newspaper clips
- Log and transcribe interviews and b-roll
- Assist in field production as needed/available to develop a working knowledge of production equipment, audio set-up and set dressing
- Learn production workflows across Adobe Creative Cloud, project management tools, and shared servers
- Strategize audience development/engagement plans across social media platforms
- Applicants should have Media Studies/Communications/Marketing/Film experience, preferably enrolled in a college or university program
- Enthusiasm for social justice issues and community building
- Commitment to the collaborative processes of production
- Strong communications and organizational skills
Hours: This is a Fall internship, and will last until December 2019. The position requires 20 hours a week, within a flexible schedule.
This internship is for the fall of 2019. Scheduling is flexible and determined based upon the intern’s availability and course/exam schedule. A transportation stipend of $1500 for the entire internship is provided to offset commuting costs. The internship can be used for academic credit in accordance with a curriculum specified by an institution of higher education.
This position is located in Washington, DC.
How to apply: If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to apply for, please send a cover letter, resume and samples of your work to email@example.com.
Community Change is an Equal Opportunity Employer.