About Community Change and Community Change Action:
Community Change builds the power and capacity of low-income people, especially low-income people of color, to lead powerful and dynamic movements for social change. With our community-based partner groups, we bridge the grassroots and the national, supporting outsider strategies to disrupt the status quo while also building pathways to influence the insider conversation.
Our vision of a better world centers the leadership of impacted people of color to move our work on immigrant rights, economic justice, and racial equity, including a focus on jobs and housing, early childhood care and education, income supports, and immigration reform.
This position also supports Community Change Action, an affiliated 501(c)(4) advocacy organization. While motivated by the same core values – equity, inclusion, and justice – Community Change and Community Change Action operate independently of one another and each organization has its own board of directors.
Do you know what’s trending on Twitter? Are you a master of the Instagram hashtag? Is your Facebook newsfeed full of social justice stories? If this sounds like you, then we want to talk to you about the Social Media Manger role at Community Change. We are looking for a talented and savvy Social Media Manager to take Community Change’s social media game to the next level.
As the day-to-day public voice of Community Change, the Social Media Manager manages our comprehensive social media operation across Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and is a critical part of the organization’s outreach and engagement. This position is responsible for managing and growing our primary social media accounts for Community Change and Community Change Action as well as for a number of our campaigns and for high-profile leadership in the organization.
The Social Media Manager will play a key role in uplifting Community Change’s brand with key audiences and increase our visibility online. This position will help drive the narrative on our economic justice campaign, and develop and execute a strategic social media plans—including social media influencer engagement–that generates exposure, defines Community Change’s message and voice, builds community, and mobilizes individuals to action.
We want you to flex your creative muscles in this role by creating original multi-media content tailored to digital audiences. Share graphics, short videos, sharp and concise copy, photos, the next famous meme—whatever is needed to meet the moment and in service of the mission and communications strategy of Community Change and Community Change Action.
Finally, this position will be responsible for regular analytics on social media management, and put forward a metrics-driven strategy to improve our growth and engagement.
- Write, edit and post content on Community Change and Community Action’s social media properties including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more.
- Create original multi-media content to advance the priorities, brand and visibility of the organization.
- With the digital team, develop social media strategies to grow social media followings and increase engagement with our social media properties.
- Develop, track and implement a social media influencer engagement strategy.
- Coordinate with policy, communications, and organizing teams on rapid response campaigns, as needed.
- Coordinate social media campaigns with national and grassroots partner organizations.
- Manage and track social media metrics and develop and manage reporting dashboards.
- Assist with communications and digital team projects as needed.
- Demonstrated success and proficiency with social platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Strong writing skills with an eye toward optimizing content for digital platforms and ability to convey our brand voice for a variety of channels and audiences.
- Personal interest in and passion for staying on the cutting edge of social media and digital communications.
- Some experience with managing social media analytics and ad campaigns
- Some experience with graphic design preferred.
- A high degree of comfort in managing multiple tasks and deadlines, and working in a fluid and fast-paced environment.
- Multi-media content creation such as graphic design, photo and video editing skills preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Spark, Canva, Salesforce Social Studio, Google Data Studio and/or Google Analytics a plus.
- Commitment to social and economic justice, collaborative processes, and the participation and leadership of low-income people and their organizations.
This person reports to: Director of Digital Strategy
Classification: Community Change recognizes a staff bargaining unit affiliated with IFPTE Local 70, a union for non-profit workers. This position is included in Community Change’s bargaining unit and covered under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
Travel Requirements: Ability and willingness to travel for key meetings and events. Approximately once per quarter.
Salary & benefits: $50,000 – $60,000 annual salary. Community Change also offers an excellent benefits package, which includes 4 weeks of annual paid vacation; additional paid holiday leave between December 24 and January 1; 8% employer contribution to retirement account after six months of employment (and 3% employer contribution for the first 6 months); and a choice of generous health insurance plans.
This position is located in Washington, DC.
Closing Date of Position: As soon as filled.
How to apply: Please click here to submit a cover letter sharing your personal interest as well as salary expectations, a resume, and two writing samples.
Community Change is an Equal Opportunity Employer