What is Power 50?
Women of Color are poised to provide the sort of transformative leadership our communities and the progressive movement needs right now to achieve its lofty goals of building an America where everyone can thrive.
Power 50 is a 9-month, cohort-based program that provides Women of Color who are already steeped in basic leadership, organizing and management skills, with the deep grounding, tools, practices, political analysis, and relationships they need to stay the course of their convictions.
Who would make a strong candidate for Power 50?
- People who identify as indigenous women and/or women of color
- Staff members of current Community Change/Action partners
- People who are ‘mid-trajectory’ in their movement lifespan, meaning they have demonstrated past leadership and impact in their organizations and the field and are poised to make a significant future impact in these spaces
- Those who have a base that they are accountable to and are positioned to build other leaders
- Those coming from organizations who see the value of investing in leadership development and demonstrate clear commitment to making time and space for staff to fully participate in this program
How do I apply?
The Power 50 Program is open to staff of Community Change partner organizations who identify as Women of Color. We are currently recruiting for the 2019/2020 cohort.
Click here for more information and to apply (application deadline: Thursday, August 29, 2019, 11:59p ET)
Power 50 Inaugural Cohort, 2018/2019
Deputy Organizing Director for Democracy, Kentuckians for the Commonwealth (KFTC) (KY)
Associate Organizer, Washington Interfaith Network (DC)
Deputy Director, Mothering Justice (MI)
Communities Creating Opportunity (MO)
Director, PLAN, Nevada (NV)
Lead Organizer, Topeka Justice Unity Ministry Project (JUMP) (KS)
Community Organizer,Colorado Peoples Alliance (CO)
Housing Justice Director,Texas Organizing Project (TX)
Erica Clemmons Dean
Organizing Director, 9 to 5 (GA)
Director,Youth Leadership and Development Young WV, West Virginia Healthy Kids and Families Coalition (WV)
Deputy Director, OneAmerica (WA)
National Field Organizer,Dignity in Schools Campaign/Co-Founder, Racial Justice NOW! (MD)